Sunday 4 September 2011

Naseeruddin Shah is an inspiration: Anurag Kashyap

Naseeruddin Shah is an inspiration: Anurag Singh Kashyap

Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who has worked with versatile actor Naseeruddin Shah as a producer in 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' and now in 'Michael', says the 61-year-old is an inspiration for him.

Naseeruddin Shah is an inspiration: Anurag Singh Kashyap

"He (Naseeruddin Shah) is an inspiration. As an actor when he comes on to the sets, the whole atmosphere changes. He lends pure energy to the sets which is great. I have had an unspoken relationship with Naseerji since years. I saw Naseerji in a film when I was in school and since then I have been a fan," Kashyap told reporters.

"Naseerji has always supported me. When I didn't have money and even when I had money he has come all out to support - whether it's a one-day shoot like in 'That Girl In Yellow Boots' or a whole film like `Michael'. He is always very supportive, encouraging and even critical," he added.

In 'Michael', Naseeruddin plays the protagonist, and the role is basically about the trials and tribulations of a tainted cop. The film has been directed by newcomer Ribhu Das Gupta and will be screened at the Toronto Film Festival before its release in India next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment