Sunday 9 October 2011

Diet was a Four Letter Word at 17 for Neha Dhupia

Diet was a Four Letter Word at 17 for Neha Dhupia

Seventeen was a magical age when words like responsibility, weight loss and gymming hadn't yet crept over the horizon.

That was an age when I ate whatever I wanted, dressed to please myself and squash was still a game, not a workout. I remember being outdoors a lot playing basketball with friends, squash with my dad and practically living in the pool during the holidays. The season didn't matter, it was the season of fun and games.

Unlike those who live in Mumbai and have to rely on treadmills to walk, I had the advantage of having parks and boulevards where me and my girlfriends would go for strolls without a care in the world. Gym memberships were unheard of, and diet was a four letter word I hadn't heard of. All that changed when I won the Miss India contest and then joined films but I will remember those days with nostalgia but with much fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment