Tuesday 1 November 2011

People Think I'm a Malayali: Vimala

People Think I'm a Malayali: Vimala Raman

Very often, people assume actor Vimala Raman is a Malayali because of her name.

"But I'm a Tamilian, born and brought up in Australia" she says. Vimala likes Malayalam movies as they are performance oriented and are the most productive in terms of budget and the time spent on making them. "Things are much more planned here, and everyone including the technicians are very talented," says the actor who has acted in movies like Nasrani, College Kumaranand Calcutta News.

When the actor made her entry into filmdom she was asked my many to change her name. However, the actor was firm in her decision to stick to her own name. "My name is my identity. It is what my parents gave me and I can't change it as an adult," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment