Tuesday 6 December 2011

Meghana Raj’s New Avatar

Meghana Raj’s New Avatar

When she started her Mollywood innings with director Vinayan's Yakshiyum Njaanum, many wrote her off as a one-film wonder.

But Meghana Raj has stood the test of time and is now a busy actress with films in all the four south Indian languages. The actress, who is known for her role in Kaadhal Solla Vandhen, is excited about her Malayalam film, V K Prakash's Beautiful.

"Of the 14 films I've done so far, Beautiful is really special. The film offered me a challenging role," she says.

The film has her in a never-seen-before avatar, wherein she is dressed in saris for most part of the film.

"The makers have given a different definition to glamour with my look in this film. It's simple; yet sensuous. We've infused a Bengali style, replete with a big bindi and colourful saris. I haven't put on any makeup for my role. I was the one who used to be ready first for every shot a bindi was all I needed," she laughs.

Besides, Meghna's awaiting the release of her two Tamil films - Kalla Sirippazhaga with Skakkthi and Nanda Nanditha, which is the Kannada remake of Nadha Loves Nanditha.

No comments:

Post a Comment