Sunday 18 December 2011

Not Shy to be Called Old: Akshay Kumar

Not Shy to be Called Old: Akshay Kumar

After a gap of seven years, Akshay Kumar will return to action in the sequel to 2010 hit Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai. The actor, who was last seen doing stunts in Khakhee (2004), says that at the age of 44, he doesn’t care if people call him old. In fact, he claims that that he feels much fitter in
his forties.

“I don’t feel shy to be called old,” says Akshay adding, “In fact, I feel much younger. Also, the speed at which I run, jump and do all kinds of action has become faster than what I used to do 20 years back.”

The actor, who made his mark in the industry as an action hero in movies such as Sangharsh (1999) and Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), also established himself as a performer with a knack for comedy in Hera Pheri (2000), Garam Masala (2005), Singh is Kinng (2008) and Housefull (2010).

But Akshay confesses that inspite of doing comedy for several years, his love for action never faded. “Even though I was not doing any stunts or action in films, I was not at all away from it. Whenever I return home after shooting, I spend a huge amount of time in the gym, practicing all my stunts,” says Akshay.

The actor reveals that his focus next year will be on bringing back the action.

“I am doing all heavy-duty action film. Now, I have even doubled my practice,” says Akshay, showing his bruised palm. The actor will playing the role of underworld kingpin Dawood Ibrahim in the sequel of Once Upon…. , directed by Milan Luthria. In Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film Rowdy Rathod, he will play a rustic character.

“I am also doing another action film Na Mein Boss,” reveals the actor, adding, “But it’s too early to speak about it yet.”

Recently, Akshay also shot around 30 action commercials for a Viacom 18’s soon-to-be launched action-adventure channel Sonic. “When I heard that it’s about action, I immediately agreed to get associated with it,” says Akshay, who is also the brand ambassador of the channel which will go on air from December 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment