Wednesday 12 June 2013

Vedhicka goes back in time

Vedhicka goes back in timeVedhicka goes back in time

Actress Vedhicka is kicked about starting work on Vasanthabalan's period film with Siddharth and Prithviraj. The film, titled Kaaviya Thalaivan, is likely to go on floors in August, and we hear the actress is paired opposite Prithviraj in it.

She says, "It feels great to know that directors trust you with challenging roles. After Paradesi, this is again a period film, helmed by another National Award-winning director. I feel truly blessed."

Quiz her about her role, and she says, "I'm not allowed to talk about my role, but I can say that it's integral to the script. I'm glad to Vedhicka be working on a prestigious project; producer S Sashikanth is a thorough professional, and the cast is a talented one. I've enjoyed Vasanthabalan and A R Rahman's works, and I'm happy to be part of their project."

Meanwhile, Vedhicka says Bala's Paradesi has given her career the much-needed boost. "Shankar sir, whom I met at an event, said he liked my performance in it. I thought it was just a customary gesture, but I was delighted when he spoke at length to me. Even Prabu Solomon said he liked my act in it. I'm not against playing a typical heroine; it's actually fun doing such roles. But I want to take up roles that give me scope to perform as well," she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment