Tuesday 26 November 2013

Want to choose my films carefully: Yami Gautam

Want to choose my films carefully: Yami Gautam - CineDen
Want to choose my films carefully: Yami Gautam

Actress Yami Gautam says she wants to be careful while choosing films so that she does not let down her audience.

Yami is now doing 'Total Siyapaa' after her first film 'Vicky Donor'.

"It's not really fair to say I am choosy. I think I am a newcomer and of course after getting such good response for the first film, it's very natural that you want to be more careful. As an actor I don't want to do something which I have already done before," Yami said.

"I do not want to do a role which is similar to the previous one or the concept and the genre. That is why I took time and I am glad this offer came. It justified the time that I have taken to sign my second film," she said.

In her previous film, the actress was seen falling in love with a boy from a different caste. In 'Total Siyapaa' too she plays a Punjabi girl, who falls in love with a Pakistani boy, played by Ali Zafar.

"This time I have progressed, have crossed the border. The story is completely different, you can't compare this with my first film. The character of Asha Singh which I play is different, it's a story based in London, and it's a love story between a Pakistani boy and an Indian girl," she said.

Yami thinks the script is the hero of the film.

"You can never predict a hit or a flop but it's about what you are happy doing as an actor. Every actor comes with his or her own mindset," she said.

On the competition in the film industry, she said, "There is competition, I am definitely aware of it, but if I work with pressure and shape my career according to others, that is not me. I am not from the industry, I come from another town and for me reaching here, I am very happy. When I go out and I see the genuine appreciation from the people, that's a big thing for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment