Friday 21 October 2011

I Love Working with Gautham: Samantha

I Love Working with Gautham Menon: Samantha Ruth Prabhu

Gautham Menon's latest muse seems to have struck gold not just in Kollywood but Tollywood too. Dookudu with Mahesh Babu is a success but Samantha, who is busy shooting Gautham Menon's tri-lingual film in Chennai, prefers to downplay it. "The credit for the success of my first film goes to Gautham Menon. My second and third films were with big stars. I am happy that I was a part of these successful films," she says.

Post Sameera Reddy, Samantha is touted as Gautham's muse having done the Telugu version of VTV, a cameo in Nadunisi Naaygal and the current trilingual Neethane En Ponvasantham. Does the film with Prateik Babbar kickstart her Bollywood innings? She replies with an emphatic, "No," adding, "I'm just doing a trilingual film and if I do get a chance to do another Hindi film, I cannot accept immediately as I am busy with South films."

Ask her if it gets repetitive, enacting same shot in three different languages and she agrees it is stressful. "But I like challenges. Also, I love working with Gautham. Somehow, working with him makes my work seem easy!"

Her focus, however, seems to be on Tollywood as she has signed three films there - opposite Siddharth, Naga Chaitanya and Mahesh Babu respectively. Samantha refuses to talk about them despite the filmmakers announcing their projects. She says, "I am a little superstitious about revealing my forthcoming films. I will talk about a film only after completing my first day shoot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment