Sunday 31 March 2013

Nothing called item; dance can only be sexy or cute: Aditi Rao Hydari

Nothing called item; dance can only be sexy or cute: Aditi Rao Hydari

Every human has a layered personality, feels actor Aditi Rao Hydari and it is this variety that she wants to depict through the characters she plays in her films.

"I don't make any distinction between playing a girl next door or a bold diva. When we do a film, it has nothing to do with your own personality. Our job is to get into the character and portray it honestly on-screen. Even a shy and coy girl gets intimate with a person she falls in love with. But definitely every human has different layers and films allow us to peel those layers in front of our audiences," admits the actor who was seen as a shy girl in Delhi 6 and as Randeep Hooda's bold girlfriend in Murder 3.

Aditi, who is also a trained professional dancer in Indian classical dance forms, was in Jaipur recently for a stage show. Ask her about actresses doing item numbers and if she would want to join the bandwagon too, and she says, "There is no such genre called item number. It's only in your mind or may be someone else's mind. I don't know why it has been categorised as item number. Dance can be either cute or sexy. I see it as a fresh new thing that I want to try out. Maybe it's my training in dance that makes me very positive. And I would love to use my expertise in dance. For me, dance is the most wonderful human expression, and it has been a very integral part of my personality as I started dancing at the age of five," shares Aditi.

No comments:

Post a Comment