Monday 6 May 2013

I am a greedy actor: Vishakha Singh

I am a greedy actor: Vishakha Singh

Says actress Vishakha Singh, who will make her Mollywood debut through Rajesh Pillai's Motorcycle Diaries.

Vishakha Sigh, the Mumbai-based actress who has already carved a niche for herself in Kollywood with the Santhanam-starrer, Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya, will soon make her debut in M-Town. She will be seen in Traffic director Rajesh Pillai's next project, Motorcycle Diaries.

"I am very excited about my Mollywood debut, especially since the movie has a unique theme centred on a bike. I play an RJ in the film and I'm hoping that Rajesh Sir will allow me to ride the bike," says Vishakha. However, the actress shares that she hasn't watched many Malayalam films. "Though, I have heard that Malayalam movies are known for their realistic themes and rooted-to-reality characters. I believe that if you want to do memorable roles, you should act in Mollywood films," she says.

Vishakha says she is looking forward to doing performance oriented characters here. "I am also aware that the Malayalam film industry today is undergoing a lot of change and is experimenting with a lot of innovative themes. With movies like Chappa Kurishu and 22 Female Kottayam, the industry is going through a remarkable phase. I feel lucky and excited to be part of this change," she says. So, has she got any dream role in Mollywood? "No. I am a greedy actor. I want to do comedy, romance, performance oriented roles and even action," she says.

It was apparently during the audition for Swades that Ashutosh Gowarikar spotted this young talent. Though she could not be a part of the project, Ashutosh did give her a chance in the Abhishek Bachchan, Deepika Padukone-starrer, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey.

Meanwhile, she has turned a busy bee in B'wood with three releases lined up — Vikram Bhatt's Ankur Arora Murder Case, Farhan Akhtar's Fukrey and Shashant Shah's Bhajathe Raho.

No comments:

Post a Comment