Friday 21 June 2013

Carly Rae Jepsen : I believe in Justin Bieber

Carly Rae Jepsen : I believe in Justin Bieber
Carly Rae Jepsen : I believe in Justin Bieber

Carly Rae Jepsen believes Justin Bieber is doing the best he can.

The 27-year-old popstar rose to fame on TV singing competition Canadian Idol and increased her popularity after touring with teen heartthrob Justin.

Carly claims the various controversies surrounding the 19-year-old have mostly passed under her radar.

Carly Rae Jepsen : I believe in Justin Bieber
Carly Rae Jepsen : I believe in Justin Bieber

"I actually am so out of the loop on any of that, to be honest," she admitted to Billboard magazine. "People are constantly, like, 'Is Justin OK?' I've not really noticed any of that. I feel like Justin's a guy who's working hard every day, and I think the media can sometimes be a little brutal with stuff and over-exaggerate things. But I stand by him. I support him. I think he's a good guy, and he's doing the best he can."

Carly has spent the majority of the past year opening for Justin on his Believe Tour.

She has also been working on a follow-up album to her 2012 release Kiss.

The star is keen to keep the details of her new record under wraps, but hinted that folk music will be a prominent feature.

"[It's] a pop album, but... an album that is my own version of pop. I can kind of explain it in some ways, and in other ways I'd rather not and let myself go in and create it," she explained. "My favourite pop artists at the moment are Robyn… Kimbra, La Roux and Dragonette. And I think I have a folky side in my blood from what I used to listen to with my parents, and it'll be fun to incorporate of that more in the verses of the pop songs, a little something deeper to the verses. That's what I love about the pop stars I just named, is they don't do just your regular kind of pop songs. There's some stuff to hold onto and dig into. That's what I want to do."

Carly hasn't set a date for when the new album will be released. She is happy just creating ideas for the record for the time being.

"I think Kiss was a bit of a rush," she admitted. "So I think I'll be kind of taking my time to make sure what I'm putting out there next feels like the strongest thing I can make."

No comments:

Post a Comment