Friday 29 November 2013

I’m angry with myself: Shahid Kapoor

I’m angry with myself: Shahid Kapoor - CineDen
I’m angry with myself: Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor's last four big screen outings might not have been received well at the BO, but, that hasn't disheartened him at all. He seemed in high spirits, cracked jokes and even shook a leg with fans during a promotional trip. Excerpts from a chat:

You have been coming to Ahmedabad frequently.
I never get time to explore the city! Everytime I'm here, has been for some promotional event or the other. The roads are so sprawling, I'd love to get my car here sometime! I love Gujarati cuisine and this time I've tried undhiyu, thepla and dhoklas — loved them.

You've shot in Gujarat extensively for R...Rajkumar.
I had no idea Bhuj was so beautiful! The beach in Mandvi with its sparkling blue water and silver sands was awestrikingly gorgeous. We were not supposed to shoot there, but Prabhu sir was so impressed with Mandvi, that we ended up shooting few sequences of the first song there. Some other parts of the films are shot in Gondal Palace.

You've always been known for your chocolate-boy image. Was it a challenge to do this role?
Breaking free from the chocolate hero image wasn't easy. Shooting for this film, was like entering a new world for me, it was very challenging. Prabhu sir asked me to bring something new to work, so I got this unkempt look and even tried to invent my dance/action moves just the way he'd have liked it. I was Prabhu sir's personal robot!

Akshay Kumar says, your co-star Sonakshi Sinha is his lucky charm. Will she be yours too?
I hope she turns to be my lucky charm! She's an awesome actor, good dancer and a lovely person. You've worked with different set of directors, yet you've not settled into any B-town camps. I like to work with different directors because it makes me comfortable. Having said that, I'm working with Vishal Bhardwaj sir after four years.

How do you deal with failure?
It feels bad when a film doesn't work, everyone puts in a lot of effort to make a movie. The positive side to failure — they make me work harder.

Do we see you turning director anytime soon?
I don't want to think of direction at this stage. It is a huge responsibility, Right now, I am channelizing all my energies to acting and want to reinvent myself.

So what's next?
I've two weeks all for myself before I start working on Vishal sir's film. And I'm looking at doing at least three more films before I take a break. I'm very angry with myself because I've not worked hard for last three years and so I need to compensate for that by doing more films.

You're linked with most of your co-stars. Does that affect you?
No, they don't affect me anymore because I take an honest approach by clearing the air about them. And thankfully, for R...Rajkumar, I and Sonakshi haven't been linked, so that's a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment