Friday 29 November 2013

Actors are viewed as objects today: Girish Taurani

Actors are viewed as objects today: Girish Taurani - CineDen
Actors are viewed as objects today: Girish Taurani

Post 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya', Girish Taurani has been offered several scripts but he has yet to zero in on a suitable project. He says, "I think new actors like me should raise the bar. We should bring in fresh thoughts and also push the boundaries — be it looks, concept or the plot. However, I don't have any hang-ups when it comes to reading or listening to scripts. For me, the genre is not important. I should be moved by the story."

The actor says he has made a conscious decision to keep his identity separate from that of his production house, and adds, "If a well-scripted movie is being produced by my banner, then I will definitely act in it." He is also quite candid about how up-and-coming actors are viewed currently. "Today, we have started seeing actors as objects and not people. Agar six-pack mein ek pack nahin dikha, toh kya ho gaya? It is human to err. Ultimately, what matters is your talent," he maintains. Having said that, he is quite impressed with some of his contemporaries. "Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan are highly talented," he says.

Girish is currently busy promoting his film, which is being aired on television today, in different cities. "People have liked my work and also the film," he says. Interestingly, if there's one thing that finds its way into his schedule, it's pumping iron. "I just cannot do without it. The day I don't go to the gym, I feel very lethargic and also incomplete," he signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment