Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sonal Chauhan : I Got My First Cheque at 17

Makaramanju (2011) - Malayalam Movie Review

I was never one to glance at the mirror twice or spend hours dressing up. One was more likely to find me glued to a book or hanging out with my friends, than posing in front of the mirror with a brush in my hand, copying a popstar or practicing my acceptance speech. Posing for pictures meant making a funny face, one that I could crack up over years later.

I was the rebellious wild child, always upto something crazy, living without a care in the world. When I was 17, I wasn't sure what life had planned for me. I was as clueless as any other 17-year-old. Little did I know that this was the year my life was about to change.

I was approached by a photographer at a coffee shop, who insisted on clicking my picture. I didn't pay much attention but the next day, it was in the papers. The response was shocking. One image led to a shoot and before I knew it, I had begun earning money at 17. It took me a while to let go of my shy, tom-boyish inhibitions. But at 17, I found my true calling and knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment