Monday 2 January 2012

I know My Limits: Anushka Sharma

I know My Limits: Anushka Sharma
Actor Anushka Sharma on her thinspired' avatar and why she won't settle for anyone who doesn't match her wavelength.

She's got it all sorted out - her love for fashion that extends into her career, her camaraderie with co-stars and admits she's is not apologetic about anything. Anushka Sharma has been to Ahmedabad many times before, but feels that the promotional trips are so quick that she never has any opportunity to explore any city. She discusses all this and more in an interview with TOI. Excerpts from an interview:

Are you enjoying being 'single, fancy free and footloose' in the real sense of the word? One often hears about your outings with co-stars. Of course! Why should I be apologetic about the fact that I am comfortable enjoying the company of both the sexes and if my comfort factor with my male co-stars is so evident then so be it! I have a great professional rapport with my co-stars and if we are seen enjoying each other's company at parties or an occasional dinner, I don't think anyone should mind it? I am not deliberately trying to be single, nor would I like to give statements that I have no time for love because I have a lot of work on my hands. It's true, I am not dating anyone right now. But that does not mean I don't want to date or be in a relationship. I conduct myself with dignity and I know my limits. I will date and be in a relationship with a person only when he matches my wavelength. And there is no one now to match that!

Are you following the size zero trend? I have been like this only. This size zero thing is a big myth because the size is actually meant for babies. How will I fit into babies' clothes? On a serious note, I work for 17-18 hours everyday and sleep for very few hours so do you really feel I can survive being so thin? If I were not fit I would have been hospitalised. I work out everyday and eat consciously. I am just right!

You must be feeling lucky that you have been offered substantial roles in films, unlike many big actresses who don't get to do much in their films? I got offered tons of trivial roles after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. But I had decided if I was going to act, it would have to be roles that had some meaning. I also don't come from a filmi background so I was not sure if I would be offered great scripts. When Maneesh (Sharma) offered me a role in Band Baaja Baraat I realised that, it was that kind of 'cinema' that I wanted to do.

One also hears of you throwing tantrums on the sets, not getting along well with your directors and posing yourself as the new 'big' thing in Bollywood. Comment. Tell me one director who will go on record to say that I don't get along with them? I get along famously with all my directors because I am what I am today because of them. People might gossip about this, but show me one director/co-star who will go on record and say this about me! I have made a choice to be selective about my work. I really admire Kareena (Kapoor) for the way she has conducted herself in Bollywood - the kind of films she has chosen. I am competing with so many heroines today and there is cut-throat competition, so how can you afford to be like that?

Who do you consider your competition? Every actress today is competition for me. I will not make a statement like 'I am competing with myself and need to make myself better' etc because everyone here is dying to get the best roles that will push her career further. So, all the actresses are my competition.

The list of all the actresses includes Katrina Kaif? Of course. Katrina (Kaif) is a beautiful face and she has a great body of work behind her. You can never argue with that. And she has tremendously grown as an actor. We all know that a beautiful face is an important aspect of an actor's personality if he or she wants to make it big in Bollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment