Sunday 17 February 2013

Shraddha Das wants to kiss Salman Khan

Shraddha Das wants to kiss Salman Khan

Shraddha Das, who made her debut in Hindi film Lahore, starred in Tollywood movies like Arya-2, Marocharitra and Mogudu among other commercially successful movies, is now all set to play a pop singer in her upcoming movie Rey. In a chat with Hyderabad Times, the actress talks about her work and more.

Shraddha Das wants to kiss Salman Khan

Initially, when you started off in Tollywood, you did almost every movie that came your way. Do you regret not being choosy?
Yes, I do. I did around nine films in one year. It was a learning experience for me. But to be honest, these films have made me a confident actor. So, now I am a lot more choosy about my films.

You have studied to be a journalist, but you have chosen acting as your career...
I was born and brought up in Chembur, Mumbai. I did my schooling in St Anthony's Girls High School where B-town actors like Vidya Balan, Malaika Arora, Shilpa Shetty, Kareena Kapoor, Shamita Shetty and the like have studied. In school, I was very good in science and my dad wanted me to be a chemical engineer, but I had an accident in Class XII where one person died and I was paralysed. My head was shaved off completely and I sustained several fractures. It is

something I cannot forget all my life. However, this incident worked in my favour and I was able to take up journalism.
I completed my graduation in mass media. However, acting is my passion. Once I'm done with acting, I'll pursue a career in mass media.

What are the projects you have in hand?
My co-star in Rey is Megastar Chiranjeevi's nephew, Sai Dharam Tej. I'm playing an American-Mexican pop singer. I am sporting a totally new look as the script demands it. Next is a 3D film directed by Vinayan which is releasing in Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada. Also, two of my Hindi films — Lucky Kabootar and Chai Shai Biscuit — are yet to release.

The title for Lucky Kabootar was inspired by a song from Sanjay Dutt's film and is a tribute to Raj Kanwar, who passed away last year. I play a Punjabi girl in this comedy. It is my first commercial role in Hindi with a lot of dances choreographed by Vishnu Deva. In my other Hindi film, I play a middle class girl who meets an NRI. Both pretend to be something they are not. It's a performance-oriented role. There are no songs in the movie. The script is brilliant.

Tell us about your 'dream role' and the hero you adore the most.
I want to work in an action film as I have trained in martial arts and I also want to do an unconventional role like Rani Mukerji in Black. I'm one of the craziest fans of Salman Khan. Before I die, I want to work in a Salman Khan movie and if that does not work out, I'd be happy if I can kiss him on his cheek — just once.

Your breakup with Varun Sandesh was much talked about. Are you still in touch with him?
I've had one relationship so far and I'm very much open about it. I don't see any reason to hide it. We dated for two years and we broke up. I don't have any contact with him anymore. That's the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment