Monday 13 May 2013

Arjun Kapoor supports remakes

Arjun Kapoor supports remakes

Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor admits his "father made a living out of making remakes" and that he would love to be a part of the kind of cinema made by his father Boney Kapoor.

Although Boney Kapoor is a well-known filmmaker, Arjun made his debut with Yash Raj Films' 'Ishaqzaade' and the same banner too produces his second film.

"I want to be an asset for my father and be his strength. I don't want to be a weakness where he has to nurture me," said Arjun, 27. He is Kapoor and Mona Shourie's son.

"I would rather let him make his kind of cinema and be a part of it. He is an expert at making remakes of southern films... and I would rather he makes it with me," added the actor who will feature in Hindi remake of southern movie 'Okkadu', being produced by his father.

Kapoor's hit movie 'Wanted' was a remake of Puri Jagannadh's Telugu film 'Pokiri'.

Expressing his views on remake culture, the actor said, "My father made a living out of making remakes in last few years. As long as you find a fresh take on it, I don't have an issue with remakes. If you feel that a story can me remade on a broader platform, then I feel it is your duty to add your vision to it."

Kapoor has his hands full with films like 'Aurangzeb', '2 States' and 'Gunday' at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment